Monday, May 24, 2010

Why are my Pink Dahlias Yellow?

A few weeks ago I bought some Dahlias and one of them had this vibrant pink flower. I have a container garden so I potted it in regular potting soil. Watered as usual. It's doing fine except all of the new flowers that are coming up out of this same plant are a bright sunny yellow?! Is there some kind of additive or acidity need for dahlia I didn't know about? How can I get my pink flowers back?

Why are my Pink Dahlias Yellow?
It's a color mutation called "sporting". You are not alone in this. It seems that pink dahlias turning yellow is pretty common.


Here is site about the color mutations.


http://www.members.shaw.ca/hydahlia/muta...
Reply:Are the flowers yellow or are the Buds yellow. Dahlias for some reason bud yellow and bloom true colors. Fun to watch a maroon blossom come from a yellow bud.

graffiti tags

No comments:

Post a Comment