Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How do I revive potted flowers?

I recently brought some potted flowers to work. I'm not even sure what type of flowers they are. They're yellow and I guess they can pass as miniature sunflowers. Anyhow, I think I might have over watered them because a couple of days ago they started to wilt. I noticed that the bottom of the pot they were in was full of water, so I drained it out and put the flowers in the sun. They still haven't came back to life. Does anyone has any suggestions?

How do I revive potted flowers?
Fill a bucket, sink or basin halfway with water. (With the container only half full, you won't need to worry about overflow.) Make sure the container is large enough to accommodate the entire pot, all the way to the rim.





Plunge the plant (in the pot) into the water-filled container. If the rim of the pot is not covered by water, add more. It's all right if water covers some of the foliage. You may need to weigh down the pot with a brick or a stone to keep it from floating to the surface.





Keep the plant in the water for at least a half hour after the bubbles stop, to assure that the soil is completely saturated.





Remove the pot from the container and allow the plant to drain.





Place the potted plant inside a large plastic bag and close it tightly. This step will provide much-needed humidity to the foliage while the roots go back into action. Keep the bagged plant in a shady area.





Remove the plant from the bag and move it back to its original location once it has revived (this could take as little as a few hours, or several days).





Also take look at http://pinurl.com/2my
Reply:I think these are a daisytype and too much water........Hold the water for afew days longer........


No comments:

Post a Comment